Convenient culture media for enumeration of coliform bacteria in food and beverages
The MC-Media Pad® is a pre-sterilized, ready-to-use dry culture device, simplifying testing and minimizing the quantity of waste.
Mode of Action
The MC-Media Pad® is composed of a unique adhesive sheet, a test pad coated with medium and water absorption polymer, and a transparent cover film.
It is coated with selective medium and chromogenic substrate for specific detection. Once the liquid sample is inoculated onto the test pad, the sample diffuses through the whole pad by capillary action. The medium re-constitutes automatically.
AOAC Performance Tested MethodSM study (Certificate number 1000402)
Application of Use
- Open the aluminum bag, and remove the MC-Media Pad®. If necessary, write information on the cover film.
- Lift the transparent cover film and pipette 1.0 mL of sample solution onto test pad. (It is recommended to lift the cover film diagonally for easy and secure re-sealing.)
- Close the cover film and lightly press the edges of film to seal.
- Incubate test plate at 35 ±1 °C for 24 ±2 hours.
- Re-seal the opened bags and store at 2–15 °C for up to 4 weeks.
Count all colored colonies (blue-green/blue) as coliform
Storage and Shelf Life
The product can be used for tests until the expiry date if stored upright, protected from light and properly sealed at 2 to 15 °C.
The used pad must be decontaminated by autoclaving or boiling, and disposed according to local regulations for waste.