Continuously variable speed makes the Vortex Mixer VX-200 useful for a variety of applications, from gentle mixing to resuspending pellets. The unit has a circular orbit, rather than the elliptical orbit found on many other vortexers. This allows a vortexing motion to be achieved even at low speeds, a task that cannot be accomplished with elliptical orbit units.
- Powerful, reliable motor
- Optimized counter balance
- Circular orbit for effective vortexing at any speed
- Standard CombiCup™ accepts a variety of tube sizes
- Full range of accessories
Counter Balance System
Many vortex mixers prevent excessive vibration with added weight or suction feet which hold the unit in position. Labnet's Vortex Mixer VX-200 utilizes an optimized counter balance system to minimize vibration during operation and prevent the unit from walking across the bench, even at high speeds. The Vortex Mixer VX-200 is lightweight and has no suction feet, allowing it to be easily moved from one place to another. The Vortex Mixer VX-200 can be operated in either touch or continuous mode. When in touch mode, the motion is activated by depressing the sample head and stopped by removing the pressure.
Continuous Vortex Mixer Operation
If the unit is set in the on position, the Vortex Mixer VX-200 will operate continuously until turned off. The small footprint and portability of the Vortex Mixer VX-200 allow it to be used almost anywhere. The unit is safe for use in temperature controlled environments. The CombiCup™ head supplied with the Vortex Mixer VX-200 can be used with a single tube or a whole handful. The unique over molding technology used in the manufacture of the CombiCup™ provides a sturdy plastic core surrounded with nonslip TPE. Optional heads accept microplates, microtubes, PCR strip tubes,15 and 50 ml tubes and blood tubes. All heads are friction fit - simply pull up to remove and press down to replace.
Optional shaking heads available as follows: CLICK HERE:
- S0200-21 Microtube head, foam, for 80 tubes
- S0200-22 Microplate head, foam, for 1 microplate or 64 x 0.2mL tubes
- S0200-23 10-13mm and 15mL tube head, for 16 tubes
- S0200-24 50mL tube head, for 6 tubes
- S0200-25 Head for 12 x 1.5ml tubes, held horizontally
- S0200-26 Head for 4 x 15 ml tubes, held horizontally
- S0200-27 Head for 2 x 50 ml tubes, held horizontally