These 24-place microcentrifuges have been engineered to be extremely quiet. This is sufficient for centrifugation steps of most routinely used DNA/RNA purification kits. During longer runs the cooling fan works at full capacity to dissipate the heat for the remainder of the run. As successors to the popular Centrifuge 5424/5424 R, these new models include everything you loved about the previous models, plus new rotors and software functions to make your everyday work more efficient and enjoyable.
The improved cooling system of the Centrifuge 5425 R ensures optimal separation results and reliable cooling at 4 °C, even at maximum rotor speed. With a short pre-cooling time of only 8 minutes (~21 °C to 4 °C), the centrifuge is ready for operation when you are.
Comprehensive range of 6 centrifuge rotors
The comprehensive range of 6 rotors broadens the spectrum of applications of this microcentrifuge. It includes, for the first time, a swing-bucket rotor that accommodates 96 PCR tubes for quick centrifugation of droplets and condensate before and after PCR/qPCR. When harvesting bacteria and yeast, a fixed-angle rotor for 10 x 5 mL tubes with screw or snap caps is ready for you.
Protect tube caps during centrifugation
The Eppendorf Kit rotor F-45-18-11-Kit enables centrifugation of samples in 18 x spin columns and 1.5 or 2.0 mL tubes at a maximum speed of 18,565 x g. This unique rotor offers a solution for the most common problem associated with working with MiniPrep spin column kits, open tube lids shearing off during elution steps. This problem traditionally occurs because standard rotors do not provide enough support for open tube lids during centrifugation. However, the Eppendorf Kit rotor is designed with an extended rim that serves as a rest for tube caps during centrifugation and protects them from shearing off. Your tube lids will no longer tear off during centrifugation!
Centrifuge rotor adapters for multiple applications
The Eppendor Rotor FA-10 x 5 makes harvesting of bacteria, yeast or cell culture in Eppendorf Tubes 5.0 mL and the purification of DNA or RNA and plasmid DNA easy. The adapters which are additionally available also allow the centrifugation of 1.5 or 2 mL tubes as well as HPLC and Cryo tubes without even changing the rotor.
- Aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock® lids for simple and safe handling
- Outstanding software features (e.g. adjustable acceleration and braking ramps, 3 program buttons (only Centrifuge 5425), short function without continous pressing of the key)
- Extended rotor program (e.g. 5.0 mL rotor, swing-bucket rotor for PCR strips)
- OptiBowl® design for quiet operation, even without a rotor lid
- Soft-touch one-finger lid closure for ergonomic operation
- Max. rotor capacity: 10 × 5.0 mL vessels
- Max. speed: 21,300 × g (15,060 rpm)
Special features for Centrifuge 5425 R
- Outstanding cooling system for processing temperature-sensitive samples from 0.2 – 5 mL
- The patented compressor technology reduces vibrations and protects your samples
- Temperature range: -10 °C to +40 °C